Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

hissing sid ?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
road warrior

hissing sid ?

Post by road warrior » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:34 pm

around the same time i had my exhaust mod i mentioned a hesitation from tickover, and a general small perceived loss of power. I took the conclusion that it was a result of the virtual straight pipe setup i now had. I love the noise it makes and so resigned myself to the payback of reduced back pressure and this was duly considered to be the case by the good and great on the forum.
However whilst the only feature was the millisecond hesitation from tickover it still bugged me as the hissing seemed even louder due to me being more aware of it. I even considered a remap to maybe compensate for the weak mixture. but wait ..
Attachments
big veiw.jpg
big veiw.jpg (199.5 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

hissing sid ?

Post by road warrior » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 pm

can ya see what is yet ??
Attachments
med shot.jpg
med shot.jpg (163 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

hissing sid ?

Post by road warrior » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 pm

looky what i found..
Attachments
close up.jpg
close up.jpg (121.61 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

road warrior

hissing sid ?

Post by road warrior » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:40 pm

as always its the weekend so i will have to find one next week now - imaginatively called a rubber boot, its likely to be the original so i cant complain really ..
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa ... Id=13_0995

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

hissing sid ?

Post by ben g » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Exactly the same problem I had :thumbsup: the rubber deteriorates and then cracks, leaving you with the infamous 'ghost whistle'.

Easy enough to replace, just annoying that it's an oem specific part required.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

jamesditchy

hissing sid ?

Post by jamesditchy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:25 pm

At least that looks like an easy fix. Hope that sorts it for you :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

hissing sid ?

Post by buzyg » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:01 pm

Well spotted. No more Sid soon. :)

road warrior

hissing sid ?

Post by road warrior » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 pm

ben g wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:25 pm Exactly the same problem I had :thumbsup: the rubber deteriorates and then cracks, leaving you with the infamous 'ghost whistle'.

NOW he tells me ... :wink: :headbang:

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

hissing sid ?

Post by Smartbear » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:26 pm

road warrior wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 pm
ben g wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:25 pm Exactly the same problem I had :thumbsup: the rubber deteriorates and then cracks, leaving you with the infamous 'ghost whistle'.

I got a pattern part from eBay when this happened to mrs Smartbears z3, about £25 from memory.
Be careful to position the jubilee clips in the right orientation or you can’t get a socket/screwdriver on at the correct angle to tighten them (don’t ask me how i know this) :oops:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

tug

hissing sid ?

Post by tug » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:58 am

If you give me the exact part number and name i will order you one from Sytner in leicester on monday as i am goin past them, then pick up & meet ya somewhere on tuesday if ya want me old trout and chilblain. :thumbsup:
E85 N46 2.0i SE BLACK SAPPHIRE

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

hissing sid ?

Post by ben g » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:48 am

Smartbear wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:26 pm
road warrior wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 pm

I got a pattern part from eBay when this happened to mrs Smartbears z3, about £25 from memory.
Be careful to position the jubilee clips in the right orientation or you can’t get a socket/screwdriver on at the correct angle to tighten them (don’t ask me how i know this) :oops:
Rob
I done the same :lol: spent ages trying to figure out how I was going to tighten the jubilee clips up :headbang:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

road warrior

hissing sid ?

Post by road warrior » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:29 pm

tug wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:58 am If you give me the exact part number and name i will order you one from Sytner in leicester on monday as i am goin past them, then pick up & meet ya somewhere on tuesday if ya want me old trout and chilblain. :thumbsup:
will do,
And Erm, WTF is a trout and chillblain?

das boot !!
13717514874 Rubber boot

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa ... Id=13_0995

OH BOLLOCKS :headbang:
Last edited by road warrior on Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

road warrior

hissing sid ?

Post by road warrior » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:40 pm

ben g wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:48 am
Smartbear wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:26 pm
road warrior wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 pm NOW he tells me ... :wink: :headbang:
Rob
I done the same :lol: spent ages trying to figure out how I was going to tighten the jubilee clips up :headbang:
your right - i need someone with a little willy - i mean hands. ....

road warrior

hissing sid ?

Post by road warrior » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:52 pm

a well buggered flexy hose although tbf it wasnt that bad till i yanked it out :wink:

tug says he is coming to watch ... there there steve soon be better.. :lol: and then.. it really WILL go faster.. whoo hoo !
Attachments
IMG_20190719_185650.jpg
IMG_20190719_185650.jpg (183.67 KiB) Viewed 803 times

tug

hissing sid ?

Post by tug » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:58 am

OH SH!T! Mate, the part number you gave me must be wrong cos the bit i got for you is not the same :o

It aint got no little pipe coming out of it :(
Attachments
Photo015.jpg
Photo015.jpg (238.76 KiB) Viewed 767 times
E85 N46 2.0i SE BLACK SAPPHIRE