Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

driver's window dropped

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
SofTop

driver's window dropped

Post by SofTop » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:51 pm

Took my Z4 for a blast yesterday evening and the drivers window made strange noises and tilted at a weird angle when the roof went down. I could move it around with my hands and got it to stay up for the night. Obviously, I jumped on this forum to find out what the problem might be and went to bed a bit worried. Got back from work today and decided to have a look. Thanks for the tips about getting the door card off and avoiding exploding pyrotechnics etc I managed to find a torx bolt floating about in the bottom of the door. Someone put up a technical picture (thanks) on one of the posts so I had an idea where the bolt came from. Got the window back in the runner and in the front rubber then got the bolt back in. All good now and learned a bit about the Z too. Just got to set the clock again. :driving:
Z4 3.0 si

longshaw

driver's window dropped

Post by longshaw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Complete PITA when this happens! However, I also found out when replacing my own regulator that the previous owner has had a chimp do a shody repair on it previously.
On the positive/negative, the D/S now runs faster than the O/S :rofl:
Adam L - e85 Sterling Grey

buzyg
Legend
Legend

driver's window dropped

Post by buzyg » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Job done. :thumbsup: