Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E86 Coupe 3.0si rear BMW Emblem

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
BTZ461

Post by BTZ461 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:00 am

The rear emblem on our car is scratched and disfigured, do I have to get a complete lock unit or will the emblem peel off and refit another?
And the moulding on the left rear quarter window is marked where would I go to get another its all one piece glass included any recommended wreckers as I think the part number shows as discontinued.
Lastly thinking of fitting carbon fibre or similar to the ali bits on the dash and trans tunnel, any help or recommendations , quite like the cube effect on the 4m coupe, any pointers here?

Thanks in advance
Bill

Z4C_er

Post by Z4C_er » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:39 am

Rear badge is stuck on, just peel off and re-apply.
Don't know about the glass.
Real CF or a wrap? Currently doing a wrap myself, and would recommend buying another set of trims to work on whilst you're doing the wrap, as the whole process (if you intend doing a 1st class job) including filling the scratches, sanding and prepping can take a while. Scratches can show up through the wrap, so be mindful. After you're done and installed, you can on-sell your trims to the next bloke!
2006.5 E86 Z4C si SE Phoenix Yellow

BTZ461

Post by BTZ461 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:38 am

Thanks for the info Z4C_er, two out of three down just the mark on the moulding to deal with. Another pesky weekend job coming up............