Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Z4 roof

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
JackHussain

BMW Z4 roof

Post by JackHussain » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi All
If someone be kind enough to help. Bought my Z4 with the roof not operating and was in quite a state but a fun project well was meant to be :tumbleweed:

I have changed the front motor of my roof. Changed the micro switch and also relocated the rear motor to the boot. There after was detected a short circuit on the left of the roof where it folds all wired up and we have life buzzing sound and windows going down as the roof unlatches

The roof now will not fully latch down. The roof button also does the opposite thing. Open button closes the roof and close button opens the roof. Whole system seems confused. The motor further has new oil topped up.

The only thing I can see now is the rear carpet not flush to the chassis. Has anyone experienced this. Is there any way to reset the roof.

Thanks
Jack Hussain

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

BMW Z4 roof

Post by Number5 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:22 pm

Firstly, swap the two spade connectors on the end of the motor around. That will sort out the buttons being in opposite directions.
You've basically reversed the polarity
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

JackHussain

BMW Z4 roof

Post by JackHussain » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:27 pm

:o cheers mate...I shall start with that..now the latching down anyideas ?.. as the latches stays
on the open position when closing it