Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ABS Pressure Sensor Fault

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
ally_raf

Post by ally_raf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 am

I have the 5E20 Pressure Sensor 1 fault code plus all the usual symptoms (dash alarms etc). I’ve read all the related threads and happy to buy a replacement and fit. I’ve not seen anyone make any reference to working out which is sensor 1 and which is sensor 2. Is there an easy way of working this out or is it a case of trial and error?

parabolica

Post by parabolica » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:33 am

I think #1 is nearest the bulkhead, #2 nearest the front of the car but not 100% sure. I ended up changing both of mine for peace of mind, given the part was so cheap.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:03 am

You can use your scanner and a process of elimination to work it out. Clear the codes and just unplug one sensor at a time or swap the plugs over and you'll soon work it out. If it's the back one it's a pain to access with tools unless you have the appropriate size deep socket (IIRC 27mm) without first removing the front one. As a result of this you maybe better just swapping out the pair of them. The sensors are really pricey from the dealers at £100+ but aftermarket ones can be had on Ebay for less than £10 each with folks having reported good results with them. At that price you might aswell swap out the pair of them.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

ally_raf

Post by ally_raf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:45 am

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve read good things about non-OEM sensors from eBay. Will just replace both 👍🏻