Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Update: FIXED Little bit of help required removing ABS pump (South London)?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Jameszy

Update: FIXED Little bit of help required removing ABS pump (South London)?

Post by Jameszy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:40 pm

UPDATE: Found a garage that will fix the ABS pump whilst you wait (and warranty it). “Controlunits” just outside of Exeter. £360.00 including brake bleed

Hi there all,

Got myself a Z4 last month and unfortunately have the dreaded trifecta of ABS, Handbrake and DSC lights on.

This has been discussed to death, and from what I can see the unit needs a refurb (enter ECUTuning.com).

My question is whether anyone can help me with removing and reinstalling the ABS pump and sorting brake fluid. Have phoned BMS and TWG, but they are booked until April. I need the car back by the 6th as am doing a Euro Trip, so trying to get something sorted in next few days.

I’m happy to compensate for time, and am based in Clapham South London.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

James
Last edited by Jameszy on Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jameszy

Little bit of help required removing ABS pump (South London)?

Post by Jameszy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Should add that I would obviously come to you. Hope the above doesn’t come across as cheeky - just in need of a hand as don’t have anywhere to do it where I live, and am not comfortable sorting it myself. As I said happy to compensate for help offered!

bowser134

Post by bowser134 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:47 pm

Has it been put on a diagnosis machine to check if that’s definitely the fault? The DSC pressure sensors are common to fail also.

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Pull your wheel speed sensors and give them a good clean. This was the source of my warning lights trifecta. I sent my ABS unit away...nowt wrong with it :x Fitted new pressure sensors and trifecta was still there :x Cleaned my wheel speed sensors and it's been fine for a good couple of years now :D :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

R60BBA

Post by R60BBA » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:39 pm

Try Turner Automotive.
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI

Jameszy

Post by Jameszy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:16 pm

Thanks for replies guys. I’ve pulled the codes using C110 and it’s coming up as “5DF0-Hydraulic unit pump motor” and “5DF1-Hydraulic unit pump motor

Wheel speed readings are all fine on the C110 (live readout), and have given the ABS motor a whack with a mallet which turned off the warning lights when I drove off... only for them to come back on when braking hard to test. I’m therefore fairly certain it’s the motor that needs a refurb.

If anyone can lend a hand on Sunday to help get it off I’d be appreciative - I have this Euro Trip on the 6th (first proper trip in the car), so need it sorted ASAP! Otherwise will have to take it to a local garage and hope they can turn it around in time (including ECUTesting.com turnaround).