Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Where to buy OEM camshaft position sensors?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
incubus

Post by incubus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:36 am

HI all,

I am looking to buy camshaft position sensors to my Zed 3.0 2003. ( Part nr: 12147518628 and 12147539165) and I would like to have geniuine BMW parts, since I had changed them recently to SWAG and FEBI, but the engines starts roughly (especially when its already warmed up) and it feels luggish, accelerates poorly. So I'd like to buy (internationally, i am seated in Hungary), but dont know which brand should I aim for, and geniune bmw parts are not easy to find,

Could you give me some help?

Thanks,

Incubus

Trav

Post by Trav » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:35 am

Although non oem sensors may not be renowned for lasting very long your symptoms sound like vanos seals. Have a look at these threads also. I did look at Eurocarparts here and they show a HAAS sensor for your car but no other alternative. I dont know if this is OEM. They do ship though.
Z4MR A.W.

incubus

Post by incubus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:22 am

Hi Trav,

Thanks, Vanos seals are done recently, couldn't be a problem now. The rough start I mentioned came right after i started to use aftermarket sensors instead of the original ones, the ignition is taking about 3-4 secs when the engine is warm (battery is new also), and after that i can feel that the car runs differently

Trav

Post by Trav » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 am

The ebay folk from Latvia ship stuff generally in any case but they are not cheap. You need to check part numbers directly with them though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-BMW- ... 1836649702
Z4MR A.W.