Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Throttle position sensor Replace

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
CameronDavidson

Post by CameronDavidson » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Hello all,

I have had a good look through the treads, and can't find any help, so I wondered if anyone had an idea of how to replace the Throttle position sensor on a n52 2.5si engine?
I have a slight hesitation on the throttle pedal when coming off and back on again at around 2.5k revs, and I have replaced the Coil packs/plugs/Solenoids, so I am working down the list!

Any help/pictures would be awesome.

Thanks.
Cameron. :)

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Hmmm interesting. I’m not sure it even has one to be honest as the n52 does not have a conventional throttle. The accelerator pedal is a pot but never heard of them going wrong. Other than that, throttle is controlled by valve lift which is done by the Valvetronic motor / eccentric shaft sensor. But your symptoms don’t really fit with a fault there. Sounds more like DISA valve related as that is about the rpm where they change over.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.