Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof trouble and Gaptech module

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
GB E85

Post by GB E85 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:55 pm

My roof seems to only work occasionally, normally nothing happens when I press the button but sometimes it works and the roof moves well.

I think it's probably electrical, the micro switch in the boot seems fine so I'm thinking of replacing the roof module itself.

If I put in the gaptech module will it work or does it work alongside the existing module and does anyone have any advice on how to install the module, YouTube is full of videos with cars with them but not a decent installation guide.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:59 pm

The gaptech works along side , might be worth looking under where the switches are an see if one is already there but using the problematic scotch locks
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Here's a working link for the Gaptech installation instructions, hope it helps. Problems usually lie with bad connections with the scotch locks as Mark has already mentioned.
http://www.zpost.com/forums/attachment. ... 1310014446
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

GB E85

Post by GB E85 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:05 pm

That's a really detailed guide, cheers, I took the console out, no Gaptech module in there now and the connections all seemed fine. I've ordered a cable to try use INPA to diagnose the problem. If I go down the replacement route I'll get a stock module and the gaptech one. Thanks for the help.

Wortmanov

Post by Wortmanov » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:52 am

Let me know if I can be of any help... had my share of roof troubles as well :)

When you press the button what happens? Any flashing lights? Do the hooks unlatch?