Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DSC Hydro parts number advice!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
liamconnolly

Post by liamconnolly » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:17 am

Morning,

I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of reassurance. I finally decided to get my E86 back on the road and got the cash together to get a replacement for my knackered DSC hydro unit.

The old part was 3452 6769162 but realOEM reported a new number 3451 6778490 which i ordered. On receipt of the parts the control unit and pump is stickered up as 3452 6769162 which makes me worried that i have another old unit.

I called the dealer who said they had no record of 3452 6769162 existing (another dealer said the same) and that i shouldnt worry, but then contradicted themselves by advising that BMW parts will only send out an updated part once their stock of old parts has been depleted!

So, my question is - from your experience am i right to be concerned? should the part (not just the box) be stickered 3451 6778490? could someone who has had a new pump fitted in recent times do me a favour and have a look at their unit to confirm code? and... is it feasible that BMW has a different parts number from what's actually stickered on the part?

Please help!
Thanks,
Liam

biojo

Post by biojo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:04 pm

Could i ask why you are looking to buy a new one and not send it for refurb, when places will do this and give you better warranty.

Where are you based?

liamconnolly

Post by liamconnolly » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:34 pm

Been there already i'm afraid. I sent the old unit to ECU testing and they refurbed the pump a few years back. it worked for a couple of years then failed. i returned it under their warranty and they advised that the pump was still fine but that the control unit was now goosed!

ergo - no salvation for the old unit, it's a new one required.

i am just trying to ascertain that the new one isn't also made in the same era when they used butter!

liamconnolly

Post by liamconnolly » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Apologies biojo - i'm Glasgow based!

biojo

Post by biojo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:00 pm

No worries, Id never heard of one fully failing, tbh i still wouldnt buy one off BMW arent they about 1.2-.5k? For me id buy one off a scrapped car pay the 200 for it to be refurbed and hopefully this doesnt go wrong, but itll need to be coded to car.

I did see some where that the older abs modules cables come off the circuit board as there was a place that would re attach new cables