Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

warning lights

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
buzyg
Legend
Legend

warning lights

Post by buzyg » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:19 am

ph001 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:35 pm That's more than likely a wheel speed sensor. You need to read codes to find out which one if it's not obvious from a visual inspection.

This guide will show you everything you need to know...

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticl ... cement.htm
Good read. :thumbsup:

Robert63

warning lights

Post by Robert63 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Many thanks got it

road warrior

warning lights

Post by road warrior » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:33 am

Clean the sensor
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Robert63

warning lights

Post by Robert63 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:12 am

Thanks very much for the Pelican link very good. I am looking to keep my zed for some time to come, and it looks like an error code/diagnostic reader is going to be very useful. Of the ones that you have listed is there one that in your experience would be the one that would be of the most use.

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

warning lights

Post by ph001 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:55 am

Robert63 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:12 am Thanks very much for the Pelican link very good. I am looking to keep my zed for some time to come, and it looks like an error code/diagnostic reader is going to be very useful. Of the ones that you have listed is there one that in your experience would be the one that would be of the most use.
Depends on your level of IT skills. Software setup and driver conflicts can make the INPA type installs a bit troublesome, although the install packages have got a lot better than they used to be. Simple apps like Torque are OK if you are an android guy.

If you just want to clear engine fault codes and dabble with coding then Carly is tough to beat in terms of a user friendly interface. Just their recent silly subscription model is unattractive for most people from a price perspective. A lot of the aftermarket OBD2 dongles don't work with it so you are taking a gamble on not buying the recommended one that goes with the Carly package.

Scanners like the C110+ are a good compromise for most. They can usually interrogate a lot of the sub modules like airbags etc that other generic readers can't and are pretty intuitive to use. Can't do coding on them though.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Robert63

warning lights

Post by Robert63 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi of the error code readers that you have so kindly listed is there one in your experience that would be the most useful, many thanks for all your help.