Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Trio of Lovely Dash Lights.......

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
1972nail

Post by 1972nail » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:53 am

Code reader has been on it a couple of times. First time the pressure sensors in the master cylinder were replaced. Next time no codes stored. I've been having intermittent alarm problems which are not related to the bonnet switch so could be the yaw sensor.

I guess that this is the one?
sensor.jpg
sensor.jpg (118.55 KiB) Viewed 405 times

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Yep, that’s the one. It’s a bit of a stab in the dark to be honest but without any codes what else can you do??? Weird how it’s not storing anything, this sure is a strange one.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

1972nail

Post by 1972nail » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:43 pm

I'm leaning towards the yaw sensor idea as being the problem. The new pressure sensors certainly have affected the regularity of the problem in that the lights now seem to follow a pattern rather than on almost permanently.

'V' drove the car again today with lights out until she went over a speed hump while turning right...... lights on. Switched off the engine and restarted... lights out... until 20 miles later coming in our drive where there is a slight dip and rise while turning left..... lights on.

I'm tempted to buy a second hand sensor just to try it out. Whereabouts is it located and how difficult is it to replace?

1972nail

Post by 1972nail » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:46 am

Well...... problem solved. I removed the hardtop!! There must have been a intermittent connection to the HRW on the hardtop as some times it wouldn't work at it's best. This must have caused some sort of current flow in the same circuit as the sensors and threw up a false fault code. I've been running for a week or so without a hardtop and without any lights.

I was waiting until I had the hardtop off to allow access to remove the driver's seat and replace the yaw sensor cluster, looks like I don't need to do that now.