Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Steering Wheel Pulling On Motorway

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
andyf1140

Post by andyf1140 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:33 pm

Mine's been wandering about badly so I got the 4 wheel alignment done today. First impressions are that it's a lot better

rooha

Post by rooha » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 pm

andyf1140 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:33 pm Mine's been wandering about badly so I got the 4 wheel alignment done today. First impressions are that it's a lot better
snap - had mine done this morning !

DonkeyKong

Post by DonkeyKong » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 pm

UPDATE: Just back from Mike's where he sorted the 'Sticky Steering' issue as well as the Wheel Balance.

Turns out the Offside Front Wheel was the culprit as the weights on the wheel had fallen off, plus the tyres themselves werent the best (Nexens) and that contributed to the wheel pulling at high speeds.

Have to say Mike is very professional about his work but without the jargons. His fee was also very reasonable and it is reassuring to take your Zed to someone who is not only a decent mechanic, but a decent Z4 mechanic.

Hope to be back soon to swap over my 108s which are in pretty desperate state.
2004 E85 Stirling Grey 2.5L.
Very much original spec apart from roof motor relocation and non run flats.
Not too mechanical savvy so just enjoying the experience.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:09 pm

DonkeyKong wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 pm UPDATE: Just back from Mike's where he sorted the 'Sticky Steering' issue as well as the Wheel Balance.

Turns out the Offside Front Wheel was the culprit as the weights on the wheel had fallen off, plus the tyres themselves werent the best (Nexens) and that contributed to the wheel pulling at high speeds.

Have to say Mike is very professional about his work but without the jargons. His fee was also very reasonable and it is reassuring to take your Zed to someone who is not only a decent mechanic, but a decent Z4 mechanic.

So you needed a £5 wheel balance to sort your "problem " :?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:05 pm

DonkeyKong wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 pm UPDATE: Just back from Mike's where he sorted the 'Sticky Steering' issue as well as the Wheel Balance.

Shame he won't sort out the issues for these folk, just giving a balanced view.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=105182&start=45