Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Side window 'clicks'

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
mjennings23

Side window 'clicks'

Post by mjennings23 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:26 pm

Any suggestions as to what may be causing these before I pull the door cards off?

When dropping the window i get a bit of an intermittent clicking sound, albeit at the same point each time. Would this be a sign that the regulator is wearing, and if so could someone point me at a guide to sort it out?

I'll get a video tomorrow, if I remember!

skelters

Side window 'clicks'

Post by skelters » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:28 pm

More than likely it's the Window Regulator as you already guessed.

It's a feature of these cars.

2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

mjennings23

Side window 'clicks'

Post by mjennings23 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:43 pm

Well, I've ordered a repair kit off ebay and will have a look this weekend. If anyone else has any insight then please advise! :D

obewan

Side window 'clicks'

Post by obewan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:40 pm

mjennings23 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:43 pm Well, I've ordered a repair kit off ebay and will have a look this weekend. If anyone else has any insight then please advise! :D
PM'd you the instructions I followed when mine failed :thumbsup:
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

mjennings23

Side window 'clicks'

Post by mjennings23 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:01 pm

So a bit of an update, after taking the door card off and investigating I noticed one key thing. It only ever makes the noise when the door is closed and roof up, which leads me to think it may be catching or being put under pressure by the roof alignment. I'd adjusted this myself to stop the fabric catching on the rear when moving the roof, perhaps this is now causing the window glass to catch? I'll try and have a fiddle with the alignment once the weather becomes less dire and see then.

Pretty much ruled out the reg now as it works in silence with the door open or the roof down, clearly if that was the problem it would be permanent