Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

bottomed out today

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Bing
Legend
Legend

bottomed out today

Post by Bing » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:13 am

BMW discontinuing 16 inch wheel sizes because of lack of demand doesn’t mean they are ‘wrong’, it means they are not desirable enough to make production of them economically viable. That doesn’t mean they are ‘wrong’ in any functional way because they made them initially, it simply means they are ‘wrong’ aesthetically for a majority of people, in their personal opinion. However a bunch of others like(d) them, because they bought them, so I think perhaps everyone just needs to chill out and agree to disagree.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

road warrior

bottomed out today

Post by road warrior » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:22 pm

:thumbsup:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

road warrior

bottomed out today

Post by road warrior » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:55 pm

now then, i want to stiffen the shocks but not lower, PURELY because of the atrocious speed humps by me - reccomendations and thoughts on that please gents ?
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

bottomed out today

Post by MrPT » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 pm

road warrior wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:55 pm exactly - i do wonder where your need for big wheels is compensating for something perhaps ?
I, for one, am happy to admit to having a 16" penis.
now then, i want to stiffen the shocks but not lower, PURELY because of the atrocious speed humps by me - reccomendations and thoughts on that please gents ?
The car shouldn't bottom out when hitting speed bumps with stock suspension in good condition. Perhaps the odd scrape of the front bumper if you are in a hurry.

I'd strongly consider just getting OEM replacement dampers before experimenting with different wheels sizes, springs etc. There was a comment earlier in the thread re. Sachs dampers not lasting - that may well be true, but it's hard to know the truth of the matter because the historical use of runflats (and low tech runflats, at that) puts a lot of instantaneous load through the shock seals, top mount bushes etc and contributes to premature failure. Same as for snapped rear springs and runflats - the failure rate is absurd.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

philbo909

bottomed out today

Post by philbo909 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 pm

road warrior wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:55 pm now then, i want to stiffen the shocks but not lower, PURELY because of the atrocious speed humps by me - reccomendations and thoughts on that please gents ?
Bilstein B6 are standard height, but stiffer than oem. Personally I wouldn't bother with the extra spend over the b4/sachs though
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

tug

bottomed out today

Post by tug » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:10 pm

road warrior wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:55 pm now then, i want to stiffen the shocks but not lower, PURELY because of the atrocious speed humps by me - reccomendations and thoughts on that please gents ?

This will stiffen it up good and proper mate & you will struggle to lower it..... er........ apparently, so i have been told.

Cheers, tug :thumbsup:
Attachments
index.jpg
index.jpg (4.59 KiB) Viewed 681 times
E85 N46 2.0i SE BLACK SAPPHIRE

road warrior

bottomed out today

Post by road warrior » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm

tug wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:10 pm

This will stiffen it up good and proper mate & you will struggle to lower it..... er........ apparently, so i have been told.

Cheers, tug :thumbsup:
thank you mate.. i had forgotton you buy it in bulk.. :rofl:

road warrior

bottomed out today

Post by road warrior » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:38 pm

philbo909 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 pm
Bilstein B6 are standard height, but stiffer than oem. Personally I wouldn't bother with the extra spend over the b4/sachs though
im sooo confused.. i have been told b4 are also standard oem

road warrior

bottomed out today

Post by road warrior » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:40 pm

i have a car with m sport specified suspension that is old and very low at the front and bottoms on bumps and fast road dips i want to fix that

tug

bottomed out today

Post by tug » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 pm

road warrior wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm thank you mate.. i had forgotton you buy it in bulk.. :rofl:
Like you have FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE MV2'S YOU SAID I CAN HAVE FOR NOWT!!! :poke: :rofl:

road warrior

bottomed out today

Post by road warrior » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

tug wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:38 pm
road warrior wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm thank you mate.. i had forgotton you buy it in bulk.. :rofl:
Like you have FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE MV2'S YOU SAID I CAN HAVE FOR NOWT!!! :poke: :rofl:
you bet your arse i have forgotten.. dream on :) you 16" 'er .. :rofl:

tug

bottomed out today

Post by tug » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:49 pm

Looks like a Z3 next for you mate :lol: but at least you could take up hair dressing! :rofl:

road warrior

bottomed out today

Post by road warrior » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Dave 2 dogs wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:27 pm Lose weight
THEN drive it like you stole it :driving:
🏎🔥🔥💤💤💤💤💤
inspiration !!! can i borrow your's a bit . eh ? oh go on... :rofl:

philbo909

bottomed out today

Post by philbo909 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:26 pm

road warrior wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:38 pm
philbo909 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 pm
im sooo confused.. i have been told b4 are also standard oem
bilstein b4- oem equivelant https://www.bilstein.com/int/en/product/bilstein-b4/
bilstein b6- oem height, but firmer https://www.bilstein.com/int/en/product/bilstein-b6/
bilstein b8- lowering and firmer https://www.bilstein.com/int/en/product/bilstein-b8/
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

road warrior

bottomed out today

Post by road warrior » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 pm

Wonderful :thumbsup: