Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Water leak in boot Coupe

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
markprz86

Water leak in boot Coupe

Post by markprz86 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with water ingress in the boot of my coupe, the left side pocket can be soaking wet sometimes after driving in rainy conditions.

I've done some research and several others have the same problem with this, and have narrowed it down to needing a inner bumper new vent.

Is there a how-to on doing this?

I've read some people accessing this without taking the rear bumper off, is the any explanation of how? And how to remove the trim necessary to access it?

Thanks
** Found the issue, was the boot rubber stopper on the inner tailgate. The rubber had perished, replaced it and all sorted.
Last edited by markprz86 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doddsy

Water leak in boot Coupe

Post by Doddsy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Not sure if it’s possible but when I replaced my n/s taillamp as the LED lights stopped working I could see the vent once the light was removed.
Now: Z4MC Titan Silver
Gone: E86 3.0Si Sport Titan Silver - M exhaust + bumper - Battery Relocated - Aero Front
E86 3.0Si Sport Silver Grey - Carbon Diffuser - Aero Kit - B/Box Mod - Storm MW V2
E85 2.5 Si Sport Titan Silver

markprz86

Water leak in boot Coupe

Post by markprz86 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks for the info Doddsy.

Yesterday morning after heavy rain i double checked to see if there were signs of water getting in with the car sitting stationary.

Doesn't look like the vent is at fault, i could see clearly water coming in from above the rear lamp cover, the drips then ran down into the side pocket area creating a small pool of water.

It's not coming in through the boot aperture seal.

Any ideas???

Jl-c

Water leak in boot Coupe

Post by Jl-c » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:52 pm

Lamp sealing gasket itself?
Ex E86 Z4 3.0si coupé facelift blue now Z'less
Porsche 997 C2S black-gone-, Mazda Eunos 1.8 yellow-gone-, Audi S4 Avant v6 Quattro 3.0 supercharged red-gone. Abarth 500 red. Abarth 124 Spider GT black. Porsche Cayenne red.