Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wipers stopped for no reason

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
road warrior

Post by road warrior » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:41 am

The other day my wipers just stopped mid screen for no reason at all, and no amount of fiddling with the stalk made any difference. Eventually I had to stop the engine and restart before they would magically spring back into life. What's that about??? :x
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

bazza190

Post by bazza190 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 am

Remove wiper assy and clean excess grease from motor contacts. Common issue.
2006 Titanium Silver Coupe ZHP Stubby MM Tips Eibachs Royals Wheel 19" Bola B11s

andyf1140

Post by andyf1140 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:15 am

Or is it just an ECU getting confused? My focus does the same thing from time to time and my brother-in-law had an astra that wouldn't let him turn them off even with the key removed from the ignition!!!

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 am

thanks bazza, how very weird, must admit i was thinking thr same as andy, wierd electronics, and i found a write up too - result !
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.