Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Front indicator on constantly when ignition on and bulb warning light on dash

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Sie74Z4

Post by Sie74Z4 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:50 am

Hi, I’ve got an indicator constantly on (not flashing) at the front of my Z4 when ignition is on, there’s also a bulb warning light on the dash. Could this be an expensive/difficult repair or is it something I could do with not much knowledge of auto electrics? Thanks

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:53 am

If I recall correctly it means your sidelight bulb on the side the indicator is lit has gone.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Beynon5

Post by Beynon5 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Does it go away if you put the headlights on and go for a longish drive? (basically letting the headlight heat up its casing and dries itself out).

Mine used to do it and would go away when I did that, the issue was the pins on the connector to the headlight from loom were corroded and let water in, so took it off, dried it out, cleaned it and put a small amount of insulation tape around the connector block just to try and keep it out, along with reseating the rear cover of the headlight to stop that from fogging too and cured my problem!

ErrErrminator

Post by ErrErrminator » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Bing wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:53 am If I recall correctly it means your sidelight bulb on the side the indicator is lit has gone.
This. 👍🏻

When I fitted my replacement (secondhand) headlights the same happened. Thought I’d been sold diff units. It didn’t take long though to find the side/parking light bulbs blown. New bulbs in and all sorted.