Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

airbag blues

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
road warrior

airbag blues

Post by road warrior » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:58 pm

I have had an airbag light on since i bought the car back in march, Mike replaced 2 airbags but the light refused to go out and he found a further module that had died,, lo and behold Neil of watermill fame casually dropped out he had a one or two in stock, so this morning while i fought with a broken clothes peg he whipped the passenger seat out, changed the module and programmed it out .. and lo !!! - im fixed !!!

thank you - what a gent ! :thumbsup:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

airbag blues

Post by mac27040 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Enjoyed fixing your car :thumbsup:
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

airbag blues

Post by firebobby » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm

The power of the forum, well done :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

road warrior

airbag blues

Post by road warrior » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:40 pm

firebobby wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 pm The power of the forum, well done :thumbsup:
indeed proving again its not what you know.. :rofl:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

JINGLE

airbag blues

Post by JINGLE » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:05 pm

My passenger door airbag light has been on for bout 2 years now, I “think” it came on after I repaired the passenger side window regulator.

I’ve changed the airbag and error still there, I even had DLV have a quick look but we couldn’t find the issue.

Could mine be the same issue?

road warrior

airbag blues

Post by road warrior » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:07 am

i think it has to be coded in after a change, my module was identical part no but still had to be coded in before the pesky light went out :D

JINGLE

airbag blues

Post by JINGLE » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:49 am

Yea DLV reprogrammed mine in donor recognised it to the car etc. But the damn light justvwouldnt reset (despite the car being able to recognise the new airbag?!)

IAmOrion

airbag blues

Post by IAmOrion » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:15 am

JINGLE wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:49 am Yea DLV reprogrammed mine in donor recognised it to the car etc. But the damn light justvwouldnt reset (despite the car being able to recognise the new airbag?!)
Interesting... you should've said something when you were at mine!! I could've grabbed the laptop and plugged in ISTA/D and had a nosey. Got a C310+, and XDiag Pro 3 to play with too lol - one of those might help, worth a shot anyways
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

greg81

airbag blues

Post by greg81 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am

JINGLE wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:05 pm My passenger door airbag light has been on for bout 2 years now
How did you pass MOT?

JINGLE

airbag blues

Post by JINGLE » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:31 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:15 am
JINGLE wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:49 am Yea DLV reprogrammed mine in donor recognised it to the car etc. But the damn light justvwouldnt reset (despite the car being able to recognise the new airbag?!)
Interesting... you should've said something when you were at mine!! I could've grabbed the laptop and plugged in ISTA/D and had a nosey. Got a C310+, and XDiag Pro 3 to play with too lol - one of those might help, worth a shot anyways
I didn’t think tbh, and mike has already plugged in and gave it a go, will defo need to get it sorted soon as if I manage to find a 3.0Si I will be looking at selling, and I don’t want to sell my car unless it’s 100%

JINGLE

airbag blues

Post by JINGLE » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm

greg81 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 am
JINGLE wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:05 pm My passenger door airbag light has been on for bout 2 years now
How did you pass MOT?
Erm..... friendly MOT person :whistle:

IAmOrion

airbag blues

Post by IAmOrion » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:38 pm

JINGLE wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm Erm..... friendly MOT person :whistle:
Not all heros wear capes :rofl:
JINGLE wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:31 pm I didn’t think tbh, and mike has already plugged in and gave it a go, will defo need to get it sorted soon as if I manage to find a 3.0Si I will be looking at selling, and I don’t want to sell my car unless it’s 100%
fair enough - Might not be any help, but no harm in trying if you're ever passing mine again
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

road warrior

airbag blues

Post by road warrior » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:23 pm

[/quote]

fair enough - Might not be any help, but no harm in trying if you're ever passing mine again
[/quote]
i can spot a hero and nice bloke when i see one too :)