Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Vanos replacement/maintenance kit

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Z4Tuga

Post by Z4Tuga » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi all,

This is not really a problem, more of a request for advice. I've originally posted this question on the "discussion" section but didn't get any replies so I wondered if this would fit better in this section. Basically I'm looking at doing the Vanos unit maintenance/replacement. This is for a 2007 2.0 E85. Could some one advise on a good replacement kit and where to get this?
I'm not getting any noticeable sounds or rattles, and even though this is just the 4 pot engine I think it would have the potential to be more vivid at lower rpms. I have no base for comparison as I haven't driven any other Z4 but I've been reading here that one of the symptoms of afailing Vanos is under-performance in lower rpms. I would appreciate any comments/advice on this. Thanks!

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:04 pm

You could try i6 automotive in Sheffield I know they do disa upgrade kits can't remember if they do vanos
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Dave 2 dogs

Post by Dave 2 dogs » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:49 pm

You can try X8R ltd improved vehicle components
I’ve just had a disa replacement kit from them , can’t vouch for the vanos kit though as I’m intending to do that in the spring next year , the thing with these guys is , they provide tutorial videos on their site , both for disa and vanos , check them out , if you decide to go ahead with the vanos kit , let us know how it goes, be interesting to hear your feedback, :thumbsup: