Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

roof motor squeeling

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
road warrior

roof motor squeeling

Post by road warrior » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 pm

the motor squeals liker a banshee and works at 1/4 speed, dlv has looked at it and topped it up a little but it still doing it.. is there a clutch on it that might be playing up ? its now working about 20% of the time without squealing, i have to take my finger off and press again, and again, and again, the direction up or down makes no difference, nor gradient, time of day or temperature, or engine running.
:headbang: thoughts ??
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

roof motor squeeling

Post by Smartbear » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:02 am

road warrior wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 pm the motor squeals liker a banshee and works at 1/4 speed, dlv has looked at it and topped it up a little but it still doing it.. is there a clutch on it that might be playing up ? its now working about 20% of the time without squealing, i have to take my finger off and press again, and again, and again, the direction up or down makes no difference, nor gradient, time of day or temperature, or engine running.
:headbang: thoughts ??
If the fluid made no difference it sounds like a worn pump, has it been resited into the boot? Simple job to change if it has been :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

roof motor squeeling

Post by ph001 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:26 am

If DLV has been involved i’m surprised to hear there are still issues, he’s pretty much a jedi of roof motors. Or did this problem develop afterwards?
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

roof motor squeeling

Post by Marlon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:07 am

^ this
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

road warrior

roof motor squeeling

Post by road warrior » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:32 am

Yes afterwards, he has had a look and said the level was slightly low, and topped it up and cleaned a terminal, a couple of days later once back home it went into full screech mode. He has said he will have another look on my next visit, but he isn't exactly local so I wondered if folks had any ideas.
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.