Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Arrrgg - Sporadic amber engine warning light... only when cold though!?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Theog wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:11 pm Afternoon all.

First of all a massive thanks to @Mr Tidy for this one... I spoke to my garage and at first they were a little unsure but when we plugged the computer it came up with the following error codes:
- 2a99 - camshaft. Reference
- 5df4 - battery voltage low
- 6128 - eps vehicle speed
- 15 - under voltage seat heating
- 3a, 89

It seems that the battery was original! So lasting from 2007 is quite impressive. Especially with 140k on the clock!

So we changed the battery over, faffed around a bit then did another check... all was fine, but not oddly I have a new issue which (0d - driver anti trap on window)... essentially the driver side window doesnt fully go up when you give it one tap. Instead you have to pull it to keep it going. Fine on the way done... very odd though.

Small thing so not that bothered at the moment... that being said, I'm happy it has found the solution to the engine light issue.

Crazy when you think about it, but glad it's sorted now!

Once again, thanks to Mr Tidy for this one!
If you’ve changed the battery the windows will need re-teaching. Keep the button pulled up for a few seconds after it’s travelled fully up & the same on the way down, make sure the doors are closed whilst doing this :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Chenti

Post by Chenti » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:08 pm

Theog wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:04 pm
Chenti wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:59 pm No sounds or engine behaviour any different from normal. Been driving lovely since August. Turned car on/off a couple of times and light!still on.
Sounds similar to mine... no obvious difference appart from a cursed christmas light.

I think we should call this issue 'the grinch' due to it's winter nature.
Just started a new job this week so I should have known something was going to raise its head !

Theog

Post by Theog » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Smartbear wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:06 pm If you’ve changed the battery the windows will need re-teaching. Keep the button pulled up for a few seconds after it’s travelled fully up & the same on the way down, make sure the doors are closed whilst doing this :thumbsup:
Rob
Ahh good shout... my guy was doing it with the doors open as i was hassling him with loads of questions.

Will do that with the doors closed next time ;)