Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

transport mode

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
ibh12

transport mode

Post by ibh12 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:35 pm

rear demister and front screen blower stop working, been told it gone into transport mode. how do i reset this?

rally-chris

transport mode

Post by rally-chris » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:06 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Transport mode issues seem to come up here pretty much every week at the moment pm so I suggest you read through some recent posts using the search function. From what I can recall, you’ll need to find someone with BMW’s own diagnostic software INPA on a laptop to delete transport mode. Unfortunately it is beyond the scope of generic OBD fault scanners.

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

transport mode

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi and welcome OP. :thumbsup:

As Chris says transport mode is a common issue but apparently needs to be sorted by someone with INPA. My understanding is that it should be deleted by the selling dealer during the PDI, but many just turn it off as it's quicker! :headbang:

It might be worth saying where you are based, as there are some forum members who would be able to solve your problem.

Oh, and don't forget we like photos on here. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

transport mode

Post by Jembo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:36 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:18 pm Hi and welcome OP. :thumbsup:

As Chris says transport mode is a common issue but apparently needs to be sorted by someone with INPA. My understanding is that it should be deleted by the selling dealer during the PDI, but many just turn it off as it's quicker! :headbang:

It might be worth saying where you are based, as there are some forum members who would be able to solve your problem.

Oh, and don't forget we like photos on here. :lol:
So Mr. T, if deleted does this mean you never have to worry if the battery goes flat?
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

ibh12

transport mode

Post by ibh12 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Cheers

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

transport mode

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Jembo wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:36 pm So Mr. T, if deleted does this mean you never have to worry if the battery goes flat?
Yes, I'm sure that's what Ducklakeview said in one of the previous threads on this topic. That's why it's supposed to be deleted rather than just disabled.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black