Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CD multi changer fault

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
bz4kev

CD multi changer fault

Post by bz4kev » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi all a friend of mine has a fault with his cd multichanger it is displaying no disc was working fine then all of a sudden displayed no disc is this a common fault and anyone know a fix ?? Thanks in advance guys
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

maxman

CD multi changer fault

Post by maxman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:04 pm

If it's on a z4 just press the cartridge remove button a few times if it refuses to come out,maybe tapping the cartridge at the same time.Its happend on mine a couple of times.

GasheadIan

CD multi changer fault

Post by GasheadIan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Mine did this and would not clear the "no discs" error
Tried the take it out and tap it but no luck
So used clean hover pole , with smallest taper end into multi disc player taking care not to touch anything, after 30 seconds of suction took it out and gave it a blast with computer compressed air cleaner into multi disc unit . Repeated the Hoover suction again
Worked fine I think it must have got dust debris in there or got stuck and air and suction helped clear it
Bristol ,England - E85 3.0 SE stubby aerial

bz4kev

CD multi changer fault

Post by bz4kev » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:31 am

Thanks guys he gave it a few gentle slaps which sorted it :D
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills