Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag Reset tool (for E85 2003)?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:51 pm

Having recently done some work on my car, and removed / reconnected / removed the battery again multiple times (and removing steering wheel airbag etc) I've managed to trip my Airbag light a couple of times - mainly from being an idiot and forgetting to reconnect an airbag before I reconnect the power to test something.

Anyways, on to my question - Does anyone know of a SUCCESSFUL tool that can quickly and easily reset/turn off the Airbag light via the OBD2 port?

My C310+ Doesn't do it despite having an SRS Airbag menu item,
Carly doesn't do it.

FWIW: I have a laptop with ISTA etc - so I can reset the light that way, but I'm specifically trying to see if anyone knows of a quicker handheld tool that does it so I don't have to dig my laptop and cable out each time I'm an idiot
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

Nbd65

Post by Nbd65 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:14 am

I have the same problem after replacing a window regulator. Would love to know the answer too. I bought an AC808 srs reset device on eBay that I was recommended but it hasn’t worked. I am planning to take it to a Indi shop to get it done. I need a fluids changeover which I will get done at the same time unless someone can help with other reset tools advice.

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:56 am

Most people recommend the C110+ on here but I'm not sure what the difference is between that and the C310+ as the specs sound very similar. Are you sure you don't have an actual airbag fault somewhere?
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:57 pm

ph001 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:56 am Most people recommend the C110+ on here but I'm not sure what the difference is between that and the C310+ as the specs sound very similar. Are you sure you don't have an actual airbag fault somewhere?
The C310+ is the next model up from the C110 I believe. With that said, I've since re used the C310+ and I'd simply not pressed the correct thing, so as it turns out the C310+ WILL clear the Airbag light after all - I was just being dumb :rofl:
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/