Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z-4 heavy Rain and Trans & Check Eng Light

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Mick157

Post by Mick157 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Was driving home in heavy rain yesterday, hit a large puddle at a slow speed. The car went through fine. I stopped at store and when I returned and started the car, the Trans Gear Light and Check engine light was both on and the car would only go top 30mph and crazy slow to start. Checked it later and it wouldn't go into reverse and both lights stayed on. I assumed it got water into something and would dry out. This morning, same issue, but it did go into reverse, but still lights and still same go slow issues...... This is first first Z-4, love it, great fun car, but I know very little about them. I have had it since Nov 2017 and it has about 130,000 miles. No prior tranny problems till yesterday's rain episode. I appreciate any help

Tcochrane92

Post by Tcochrane92 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi Mick,

Could you give some more details of the car? Such as engine size, year, transmission type etc

Have you read any fault codes yourself? That's probably the first step I'd recommend.
You can do it yourself with a few methods - Carly is a common, basic one
https://www.mycarly.com/product/bmw-app/

Otherwise get a garage to look at it

Hope that helps
Current: Imola Red 400bhp 640d & Ocean Blue BMW S1000XR Sport SE
Past: Silver Grey Z4MR, Silver Grey Z4C & Titan Silver Z4 3.0i

andyf1140

Post by andyf1140 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Which bluetooth adapters work with Carly?