Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Window Issue

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Mark R

Window Issue

Post by Mark R » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:40 am

Hi All, any help would be much appreciated.
I have recently repaired my N/S window regulator, normal thing snapped cable. Fiddly job but not too bad.
Had to disconnect the battery to disconnect the door air bag, have carried out the reset so that the window now drops on opening the door and goes up the last bit when closed and the window goes up and down as it should, do not think the one touch function works now ?
Alsor when putting the top up if you hold the top closed switch both windows used to go up, now only the O/S window goes up ?, I can power the window up from either switch but guess I haven't re-set everything correctly any ideas please.
Many Thanks Mark.
2007 Montegoblau 2.5 si SE convertible.

Mr Alan

Window Issue

Post by Mr Alan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:03 pm

If you search window resetting there are lots of diff suggestions for making them work correctly. I’ve tried a few but it still doesn’t one touch up.
3.0 manual si coupe

thanatu55

Window Issue

Post by thanatu55 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:52 am

Bit late to this one so hopefully you're sorted but I tried plenty of advice given when I had issues but none worked for me until I found this. Works every time (for me at least, needed it a couple of times)...
windows.jpeg
windows.jpeg (116.52 KiB) Viewed 343 times