Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Coupe boot lock

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
fd3chris

Coupe boot lock

Post by fd3chris » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi guys had a weird situation happen today. I was in the middle of doing a window regulator rebuild and had shut the boot. When I went to reconnect the battery I could not open the boot with the key in the lock, it wouldn't turn in either direction. Any ideas apart from the obvious, barrel must of been changed before my ownership? Thanks.
2007 z4 coupe 3.0 si Carbon Black

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Coupe boot lock

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:59 pm

If you have another battery you could try connecting it to the jump start terminals under the bonnet with jump leads then use the boot release button by the door jamb.

I hope you get it sorted. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

fd3chris

Coupe boot lock

Post by fd3chris » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Thanks. I did actually solve the problem, I leant over the seats, hooked the positive cable quarter on with a crowbar and then held the negative against the terminal with the bar and got my gf to pop the boot open as normal. I'm still wondering why my key does not turn the lock in the boot. Either it's broken or it's a different barrel I guess.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Coupe boot lock

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Glad you solved it. :thumbsup:

From what you've said it sounds like the lock must be broken, or the barrel has been changed.

I've never used either of my keys in anything other than the ignition - I think I may try them now! :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

fd3chris

Coupe boot lock

Post by fd3chris » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:34 pm

Hopefully you will have more luck than me lol