Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Its probably been asked.....

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
RROB

Post by RROB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:31 am

Apologies but I've searched FAQ

My Car was bought with a known fault to roof (not working) but when i put it into manual mode... plastic key in boot pulled and turned to 90degree, realeasing roof initally with open button..... you can get fingers in to start pulling but mine wont budge must more than it takes to get fingers in and lift.... i dont want to force it.... could it be the plastic release key /cable not detaching (Im assuming this releases the hydraulic tension).

Or am i such a numpty ive not done something else..... if so break that to me gently..... please !.... thought i followed manual instructions correct ??

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:14 pm

The plunger for manual overide will be corroded on the pump and stuck in position. Needs pump out and refurbing. Lots of people on here can do that for you depending on your location.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

RROB

Post by RROB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:06 pm

:thumbsup: