Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wing mirrors adjustment

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Z4alex

Wing mirrors adjustment

Post by Z4alex » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi Guys,

I bought a Z4 e85 3.0i last week. It was pretty cheap for the spec and I’m now working through the problems. I love the car but I’m starting to see why it was up for sale.

My 1st one on the list is the wing mirror adjustment is not working. I’ve checked the fuses (hopefully) and they are fine. Has anyone got any pointers for what the problem could be? I’ve read about problems with broken wires or faulty switches. I could just do with some advice before I take the door panels apart and start buying the expensive switch/control module.

Other problems:

Alarm: 1st night it started going off every 20min.
- I disconnected the bonnet sensor and that did the trick. I’ll replace it at some point next time I’m in car parts.

Sat Nav: not reading the disc properly - it works sometimes but is slow.
- I’ve updated the software, the disc reads fine doing that, but it won’t always read the Nav disc. It’s not a copied disc btw.

Question: has anyone sent their dvd drive off for repair? Did it do the job?

Sat Nav: screen doesn’t always come up. It tries but sometimes need help.
- I’m going to take it apart as it feels like something is jamming it. The motor seems like it’s pulling.

Question: has anyone tried this?

dav80

Wing mirrors adjustment

Post by dav80 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 am

Hi Alex, I've got the same problem on mine and will be looking to get it fixed. Let me know if you manage to get it working again or I'll do the same!
2006 E85 2.5si roadster :D

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Wing mirrors adjustment

Post by RustyZ4 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:20 pm

You can buy DVD laser cleaners, which might help,
My sons monitor doesn't always pop up, I took it out cleaned and lubed the stepper motor, but I think it might have a broken piece, so still only comes up 90% of the way, I did suggest we Velcro it back to leave it permanently up, but he didn't seem keen :(
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Wing mirrors adjustment

Post by buzyg » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Welcome to the forum. Alas I can't help with the mirror's. I assume it is both so a wiring issue and not just one side, which would Suggest the motor or connection to, in the mirror it's self.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Wing mirrors adjustment

Post by markplant » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Where are based as to swap the mirror switch over just to test is a easy thing to
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted