Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The lights are on but nobody home

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:10 am

Well as the title states last night wife gets in the zed to come home from work turns the key and ............... nothing all lights on everything normal just DEAD tried a couple of things but nada.So zed being recovered this morning and off to DR Mike at the shed to see if he can shed some light on the proceedings while there little bit of investigation on an annoying tinny rattle when going over small bumps :| and replacing smashed fog light so all being good back on road later think she’s had enough time of road recently and was really enjoying driving her again fingers crossed 🤞 anyone else had this problem with the living dead syndrome
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

skelters

Post by skelters » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:27 pm

Battery?

Have you thought that your wife is possibly cursed and you should seriously think on trading her in for a newer model. Sometimes these things happen. It's for the best.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Bilstein B12-Pro-Kit, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's. Roof Motor in the Boot!

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:55 pm

skelters wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:27 pm Battery?

Have you thought that your wife is possibly cursed and you should seriously think on trading her in for a newer model. Sometimes these things happen. It's for the best.
haha probably is :rofl: but thing is if I did I would probably lose some nuts and bolts :rofl:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Could be ignition switch
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:19 am

Well all fixed thanks to mike and the culprit!!! Starter motor Bosch unit fitted all systems go now :thumbsup: