Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag Light Seat Occupency Error

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
XSSammy

Post by XSSammy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 am

Morning,

I've got a problem with my z4 airbag light and I think it caused by the passenger seat occupancy sensor. Attached is the INPA read out for the error but what I don't understand is why it thinks it is the Satellite B-pillar (maybe I have INPA configured incorrectly?) What is frustrating with this is I can clear the error but it will eventually come back.
error.PNG
error.PNG (32.48 KiB) Viewed 295 times
What options do I have for replacing the occupancy sensor (I can't even locate the part on realoem but I haven't dismantled the seat yet to get the part number) If I change the sensor do I need to get it coded to the AirBag control unit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Z4 COUPSTER

Post by Z4 COUPSTER » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:44 am

Have you checked all the under seat connectors and wires? First port of call. If not its as you stated a sensor problem. Had similar on a VW and that was a dirty crash sensor in front of the car. It's auto electrician land possibly.
D
:thumbsup: Z in da Head.
3.0i Z3 sport,sapphire black,3.0i Z4 roadster Sterling grey,auto,Z4 3.0si Coupe Titanium silver,Stubby &B06 Plus some other German beauties!!