Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Remote diagnostics?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
greg81

Remote diagnostics?

Post by greg81 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi,

I have a cable from bcables and INPA/Tool32 etc installed.

I've got a couple of lights on my dash indicating an issues with steering angle sensor after doing trackrods, and probably an issue with ABS sensors too.

I got so far trying to recalibrate the steering angle sensor in INPA bit hit a brick wall with it sadly.

Is there anyone who can help me with remote diagnostics coding in return for beer tokens?

Thanks in advance!

greg81

Remote diagnostics?

Post by greg81 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Anyone? Pretty sure I've seen people talk about it before. You can tote into my machine with TeamViewer of the like

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Remote diagnostics?

Post by Scooba_Steve » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 pm

I could code but I've not done a steering angle sensor before! Done the lock to lock to recalibrate?
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Remote diagnostics?

Post by mac27040 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:05 am

have you got DIS software as you can do it in that
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

greg81

Remote diagnostics?

Post by greg81 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:40 am

Scooba_Steve wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 pm I could code but I've not done a steering angle sensor before! Done the lock to lock to recalibrate?
mac27040 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:05 am ave you got DIS software as you can do it in that
Apologies for not responding to this until now. If I'm honest I just forgot all about it :(

Lock to lock didn't fix for me unfortunately. I'm doing a fresh install of INPA over the weekend to see if I can get any more detail.

Thanks for the responses

greg81

Remote diagnostics?

Post by greg81 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:10 pm

I managed to resolve this issue tonight. Abs unit and sensors absolutely fine. I acquired a new version of INPA which had the developer options and I managed to reset the steering angle sensor and they were gone instantly :)