Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ABS DSC and Brake light

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
PDJ

ABS DSC and Brake light

Post by PDJ » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:32 pm

So after having some fault codes reset and some coding done please see my other thread.

The DSC ABS and brake warning light come on again which leads it's self towards the ABS unit or part of it.

So aftermath reading and watching you tube videos on the subject. I tried tapping the motor part of the unit as I had read o here that the brushes get dry and stuck, a short drive (150 metres and the lights are out.

Now one of the comments on here/the internet was that the ABS unit has very little work to do as the car it self is very balanced so could this be making thing worse. So to give it a bit of real world exercise I found a straight road with a smooth grass verge next to it and put the car half on the grass half on the road and from a standing start made the traction control do some work 3 times.

After 130 miles of mainly motorway driving the lights are still out and fingers crossed they stay off.

So could it be an idea to test/exercise the system say once a month?

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

ABS DSC and Brake light

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:39 pm

I advise people to regularly invoke the ABS to stop this happening. The 2.0 cars seem to suffer most as they don't break traction as much on acceleration, therefore not causing the pump to operate.

Mike