Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Nightmare!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Wafoo

Nightmare!

Post by Wafoo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:00 pm

This car is determined to stay in the garage, I think it's agrophonic
Finally got the diff changed and replaced the driveshafts as well, lovely afternoon so went for a quick test drive, on our local dual carriageway doing about 70 felt something not right so was easing off then wallop, near side rear locks up and lovely skid into the hard shoulder
Got her off the low loader and limped into the garage so looks like back to the drawing board, mightily getting fed up of this car now....😢
Merlot 2.2i SE, so far new discs and pads, seats replaced, Cam cover replaced, Roof now fixed, new diff x3, new halfshafts, new drop links and other bouncy bits,

wonkydonkey

Nightmare!

Post by wonkydonkey » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:17 pm

No offence intended, but it really sounds like a trusted garage should resolve this for you before you (or someone else, your car included) gets seriously hurt. Sorry things went wrong :(
Previous:
~2006 Z4MR in Silver Grey
~2003 3.0i E85 in Sterling Grey

Click here for the Sticky Steering thread
<My name is James>

Wafoo

Nightmare!

Post by Wafoo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:03 pm

No offence took, but the issue was caused by the front bearing on the replacement Diff collapsing,

I'm an aircraft engineer by trade so can wield a set of tools quite well
Merlot 2.2i SE, so far new discs and pads, seats replaced, Cam cover replaced, Roof now fixed, new diff x3, new halfshafts, new drop links and other bouncy bits,

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Nightmare!

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:04 pm

Another person who should get an LSD :thumbsup:
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Wafoo

Nightmare!

Post by Wafoo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:49 pm

I've got the old diff sat in the garage so the plan is over next winter to get the kit to do this but in no haste at the moment, I drive like Miss Daisy anyhow