Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another issue

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
williamdefender

Another issue

Post by williamdefender » Wed May 16, 2018 8:05 pm

I had the same noise and it was the top mount of the shock . I was able to replicate the sound by lifting the car up and down . I put both hands at front wheel arch and lifted the car up and down , sound was very easy to hear . Might be worth a punt as i found all bushes etc to be ok .

Anmarube

Another issue

Post by Anmarube » Wed May 16, 2018 8:58 pm

You'll need a pry bar to move stuff not hands. Put a pry bar in between tie bars/ arm/ etc and get easy movement. If smooth movement it normally means all ok but moving stuff around with the force of a bar you may be able to see splits in bushes etc.

aquarianone

Another issue

Post by aquarianone » Wed May 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Maybe check the brake disc cover plates, they tend to rattle like a bugger once they come loose.
Midnight blue, 3.0si sport coupe, champagne nappa leather, piano black trim, stubby, DLV exhaust and a bunch of other stuff :thumbsup:

MT94

Another issue

Post by MT94 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:52 pm

I have check the disc brake back plates all look fine and rust free I will check the rest of it at the weekend I’ll take both wheels off check for tightness on every bit and bolt I find
Thanks
Matt
2004 E85 Z4 2.2i Titan Silver