Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help - Need to raise ride height

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Peter-E36

Help - Need to raise ride height

Post by Peter-E36 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:56 am

philbo909 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:41 pm
Peter-E36 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:16 pm Are B4 shocks supposed to be softer / taller?

@srhutch nope, certainly isn't :wink: that's how it was when I bought it (FK springs), I've since fitted the original BMW springs. Here's a comparison.

Before:

After:

Still having difficulty going to work, shops, and pretty much anywhere I need to go :headbang:

Splitter even rubs the road sometimes they're so bad!
Bilstein b4 are SE equivalent, but supply is low so maybe worth just going with sachs oem SE shocks?
Your set up might be worn out from running fk springs anyway
(drop me a message if you decide to change and you can have some nearly new SE springs for the cost of postage)
Edit: could you remove the Splitter to gain more clearance at the front?
I'm sure new shocks will be an improvement anyway, and thank you for the generous offer.

I thought about it and I can't remove the splitter without the sides and rear splitters which would be a waste, as I really like the kit and the issue is only at the front really.

Definitely considering SE setup but I need to see photos of what a 3.0i e85 sits with them on before pulling the trigger.
E85 3.0i