Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Side marker, not your usual prroblem (Resolved)

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Kap'nZ4

Side marker, not your usual prroblem (Resolved)

Post by Kap'nZ4 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:41 pm

For about a year I get the dash warning for a bulb out. Some times it tosses it up, sometimes it don't. First time I found the left hand side marker was not lighting up. I put off buying a bulb for that long. At long last I finally got one, twisted the side marker out of the fender and replaced the bulb and put it back in. I locked the doors with the key fob and low and behold, it did not lite up. :x

So I thought it must not have got plugged in proper, removed it, inspected, pulled the bulb back out and reinsert. Pressed key fob, failure to lite up again.......

So I stuck my hand through the hole and traced the wire thinking perhaps it plugs in to a receptor further along the line. I found the wire stopped just on the other side of the fender well. Hmmm......

Popped the hood and found this.

No wires end anywhere near this location I can see. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

So if one of you people could post a pic of where your side indicator wire runs to, I might have a chance of getting it hooked back up.
Thanks in advance.
Happy Z4'ing
Last edited by Kap'nZ4 on Mon May 28, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God saw me fit enough to drive it. It's my responsibility to drive it the way its meant to be drove. (All Roads Open.) Mods and fixes are mounting and I don't care, as it will be drove come hell or high water. :D

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Side marker, not your usual prroblem

Post by Smartbear » Sun May 13, 2018 6:44 pm

If the light appeared in your ownership, could this be rodent damage? :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Kap'nZ4

Post by Kap'nZ4 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:50 pm

To be honest, I don't recall ever seeing it lite up while I have had the car. My car is a right hand side as in America. So likely I would never had noticed. :(
God saw me fit enough to drive it. It's my responsibility to drive it the way its meant to be drove. (All Roads Open.) Mods and fixes are mounting and I don't care, as it will be drove come hell or high water. :D

kalt

Post by kalt » Mon May 14, 2018 4:54 am

Have you looked inside your fender up to the headlights, to look for the other end of that cable?
You might need a jizzcam endoscope to get in there.

kalt

Post by kalt » Wed May 16, 2018 1:36 am

Had a look at mine last night and it joins a bigger loom, all wrapped black cable. Perhaps look for a dangling wire in the engine bay near the ABS?

Kap'nZ4

Post by Kap'nZ4 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Thank you kalt. I found the other end hidden under that wiring loom.
Kind of short but enough to splice it together and get it working.