Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Trouble pairing an iphone 8 with bluetooth

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Any1else

Post by Any1else » Fri May 11, 2018 1:18 pm

I have a 2003 E85 and previously had a iphone 5s paired with it and had no issues. I bought a iphone 8 and now I cant get it to pair. I can get to the pairing screen and can find the BMW ULF on the phone and it will connect but a second later it says "Not Connected".

I am still to try and clear the paired phones (it might have reachecd its max) but if this doesnt cure the issue, what are my options for getting handsfree working? I have the DSP amp and sat nav with music playing from my phone through an Intravee.

If I need to go third party I would be looking for something "economic" cos this isnt my daily drive.

Ideas?
2003 Launch car : 3.0 litre E85 in Sterling grey

Any1else

Post by Any1else » Fri May 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Never mind. I cleared the stored phones and managed to get it paired. Cheers.

Any1else

Post by Any1else » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:10 pm

Sorry, back at this one.

Phone pairs and phone book is available. Phone will also ring through the car system when called and I can accept the call using the car but the voice of the caller won’t come through.

Anyone know what might be causing this? There are no stored phones - only this one.

Any1else

Post by Any1else » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:23 pm

Ok. Since the iphone 5 worked ok I can only assume that the bluetooth module isnt compatible with the iphone 8. Can I just buy a more up to date module from ebay and replace the one fitted to the car? Or should I be looking at a Parrot option? Ideally I dont want anything visible - is this do-able?.

Sidewaze Samm

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Got a very similar issue with pairing two Blackberry phones. The Classic from about 4 years ago is fine, the KeyOne from18 months ago will only pair the same as the iPhone in the above post. Suppose it's a different type of Bluetooth protocol or something.
The stereo is only the standard Business CD system, so aftermarket Kenwood going in :thumbsup:
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.