Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

any SATNAV guru's? Problem upgrading Firmware

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Sgub

Post by Sgub » Mon May 14, 2018 12:36 am

cj10jeeper wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:13 am To me it seems a certainty that it is the burn or type of dvd used that is the issue. Given you can install the old os means that the dvd system works correctly. Since you have tried various versions and several burns the new files are unlikely corrupt.
I therefore have to point to a burn or cd error that causes a fail at the same odd point
Thanks again for your comment, even though all burns have been verified by the applicable program. I shall in the next few days verify the files/structure etc and try to rule out any faults on that side.

Sgub

Post by Sgub » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:55 pm

Hoping that anyone has navcoder experience, I'm still working on this issue. Could anyone confirm whether the 'normal' selection under navcoder-code-navigation-other settings is [Radio always fullscreen] OR [Radio splitscreen enabled]

Currently navcoder reads my system as being set to the first option. However to me it seems a lot more sensible that (since we can select splitscreen) it should be coded to the latter option.

Just asking someone who maybe knows more about this, than I, before I hit the code button and possibly turn my system into a brick (if that could even happen with this setting)?
Attachments
navcoder 2.JPG
navcoder 2.JPG (78.19 KiB) Viewed 451 times

Sgub

Post by Sgub » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Recoding to splitscreen enabled made no difference.
I emailed Jochen (guy who made the navcoder program), he thinks it might be faulty flash ram in the mk4 unit. So when I get time, I'll try to confirm this with inpa or by other means.

Strangely enough running normal tests, no fault are found, so if it is faulty flash ram, it must be subtle.

As the unit works perfectly other than the same faults as before.. :headbang:

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:15 pm

you could update to the waze theme !!!!

https://xoutpost.com/electronics/naviga ... oison.html
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics