Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag warning and intermittent indicator sound from cluster

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Buddy

Post by Buddy » Mon May 07, 2018 3:25 pm

So, yesterday I went to the Classic car racing at Donnington Park, very hot and so when leaving dropped the windows and the passenger window went down at a strange angle, so when I got home removed the door card and removed the airbag and the foam sheet from the door, my investigation revealed that the bolt holding the mechanism to the glass had fallen out and so once I had relocated parts in their correct places, lactated the bolt etc all was ready to go back together much of which was left until this morning.

Everything went on with no problem and the battery which i had disconnected to refit the airbag was reconnected, airbag warning illuminated but the code as shown on my son's Carly unit said that the airbag fault light was due to the instrument cluster, code 000020.

So I removed the instrument cluster and removed the back cover, two birds and all that as the indicator sound has been intermittent for some time, I could see nothing to indicate any over heating etc so just refitted it and installed the cluster. I know if I get another cluster it will be a case of recoding to the vehicle and I wish to keep the original odometer reading so does anyone know how I can get the problems sorted? MOT due in two weeks so I'd like to get it done ASAP. I will be disconnecting the door airbag tomorrow and reconnecting that but as I say the code said instrument cluster. A round unit which I think generates the indicator sound has part No HCM1612A on it and beneath that 334+

Buddy

Post by Buddy » Thu May 10, 2018 8:54 am

Coding was cleared but the fault listed was B Post Sensor, I'll lift the carpet and take a look

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:42 am

Sometimes get weird airbag faults like that when disconnecting the airbag module behind the door trim. A C110+ scanner from the likes of Amazon will hopefully clear it for you.... http://amzn.eu/beDdIpq
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.