Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Calling all INPA experts!

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
greg81

Post by greg81 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:28 pm

My steering is off by 15 degrees but I can't send to did where in INPA I can reset it. All videos I watch for slightly different BMW models have different options I don't have in my UI.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can do that in INPA?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by greg81 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

INPA reset steering angle sensor

Post by Scooba_Steve » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 pm

You should be able to do it by going from lock to lock - I think.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

greg81

Post by greg81 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:01 am

Scooba_Steve wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 pm You should be able to do it by going from lock to lock - I think.
Thanks, but that didn't work for me unfortunately.

Having looked into this a little further I think I may have problems with my version/install of INPA. Every video I watch or tutorial I read they have options for resetting or for developers, but my options are always empty.

Could I potentially have a diagnostic only version of INPA? or can I install it with different settings to have compensations/dev mode enabled?

Thanks in advance

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:37 pm

I'm fairly sure it will be down to a communication problem with some of the car's modules. INPA can usually always connect OK to the main ECU but struggles with some of the ancillary ECUs if the settings / lead aren't quite right.

I'm struggling with the same issue with INPA not talking to certain modules at the moment tbh so not sure what the solution is. If I suss it out I will be sure to let you know. I would possibly change the thread title to something like "Any INPA experts on here?" as I know there are a few members who have a lot of experience with INPA. Might draw them in.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

greg81

Post by greg81 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Cheers for that. It seems to read my DSC no problem at all, but just missing all the good options! I also get a version mismatch error which I'm sure isn't helping.

Thread title updated!

greg81

Post by greg81 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

Seems I'm using V5.0.6

greg81

Post by greg81 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:11 pm

I managed to resolve my issues with a different install of INPA, which had developer options. I recallibrated my steering angle sensor and all my problems have gone away

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:29 pm

Thanks for updating :thumbsup:
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

greg81

Post by greg81 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:42 pm

For info the install I used was "mike's easy BMW tools"

The version that came with bcables was a complete pain in the ass. Mike's tools installed with one click.

greg81

Post by greg81 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:44 pm

Also worth mentioning that it was a breeze on windows 10. The old windows 7 laptop I tried was a troublesome.

Who knows if it was the windows version or the install package but this combo worked a dream for me