Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Replacing diff

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Replacing diff

Post by GuidoK » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:54 pm

Maybe someone should point out that the TS has a 168k diff according to the ETK?

It's definately not a 1:1 swap, maybe it can fit with some extra work, maybe not.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

Wafoo

Replacing diff

Post by Wafoo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:49 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdj5h0nnkd40g ... 4.mp4?dl=0

Video of issue, try and put any acceleration on the car and you get a horrible graunching noise and jerking of road wheels which eventually causes DTC, ABS and traction control lights on
Turn off DTC and its drivable with normal acceleration but sounds like something is knocking underneath????
Merlot 2.2i SE, so far new discs and pads, seats replaced, Cam cover replaced, Roof now fixed, new diff x3, new halfshafts, new drop links and other bouncy bits,

Wafoo

Replacing diff

Post by Wafoo » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:00 am

Another question on the diff....

Ratios......

The one in my 2.2 is a 3:45 I've found a 2.5 with 3:23 so does that mean it'll be longer in the gears tban a 3:45?
If so a 3.0 diff seems a better bet with roughly the same ratio and loads on eBay at the moment
Merlot 2.2i SE, so far new discs and pads, seats replaced, Cam cover replaced, Roof now fixed, new diff x3, new halfshafts, new drop links and other bouncy bits,

Uncle_Gravy

Replacing diff

Post by Uncle_Gravy » Thu May 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Sorry to hi-jack, just want to simply add some knowledge to my mind bank.

What are the benefits of adding something like a quaife lsd to a 3.0i?