Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

PDC Problems - Swap Module?

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
adam04

Post by adam04 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:43 pm

I bought the car knowing the PDC wasn't working, however, I've been determined to get them working.

After reading some very useful posts on here i found one of the sensors wasnt 'ticking' and so bought one off ebay and swapped it out. This cleared the long beep when selecting reverse but still nothing when i get close to another object. Carly did have an "unknown fault" with the PDC ECU but there was no fault code, so i reset it, hoping the fixed sensor would fix the issue and still nothing. I posted on here asking for some advice and was suggested to reset the module/battery.

I have disconnected the battery and no luck, swapped the fuse and no luck. Now im looking at the PDC module, Ive managed to locate it but cant really see how to take the leads off in the hope that will reset it. They dont seem to just pull off and have a light grey 'cage' over them, i cant work out if this somehow moves and then the leads pull out? Any advice?

Secondly, I was thinking of simply ordering a new module, they dont seem to be very expensive, although the module fitted is white, i thought the OEM ones were black suggesting its been replaced before. Can anyone confirm?

Finally, Having ran diagnostics on carly, it doesn't show any faults, although having downloaded the full report, it does say the PDC ECU did not respond, does this confirm it is the module that is knackered?
20180414_193342.jpg
20180414_193342.jpg (65.3 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Also, whilst asking questions, can anyone tell me what the green plastic pull type cord is in the picture? It has a fuel logo on it, manual release or something?
2003 E85 3.0i Auto Titanium Silver / Aerobody Kit / Cruise / Xenons / Cupholders....

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:59 pm

The green think is the emergency fuel cap release.

What makes you th8nk the pdc units were black?

adam04

Post by adam04 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:19 pm

srhutch wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:59 pm What makes you th8nk the pdc units were black?
To be honest, just purely google searching, the ones online seem to be generally black. However, I may well be wrong, after some more searching I have found some white ones so maybe it just depends when it was built etc?

Also, having done more searching, the PDC I saw listed was used and new ones are in the region of £200... :cry:
2003 E85 3.0i Auto Titanium Silver / Aerobody Kit / Cruise / Xenons / Cupholders....