Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sat Nav unit dead

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
JakeGT

Sat Nav unit dead

Post by JakeGT » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Afternoon all.

Just as I've been thinking about getting the Z4 ready for sale the Sat Nav unit has decided to stop working. It's stuck up and appears completely dead. No response from the buttons to fold it up & down.

Can anyone tell me if the unit is fused? Or is there anything I can look at before sending it off for repair.

Cheers :thumbsup:

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Sat Nav unit dead

Post by ranski » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:41 pm

happened a couple of times to me over the years. disconnecting the battery and reconnecting has fixed it

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

domsz4

Sat Nav unit dead

Post by domsz4 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:58 pm

mine did exactly the same except was shut. I bought a "similar" unit from a x3 but they are not the same, the motor is however.

so in the process of taking it off the dash and then sort of apart I gave it one last chance to work before I tried to strip the lot down. the poking seemed to do the trick as its been fine since. (the disc player bit of the sat nag is goosed but the screen works)

I recon I have moved the stepper slightly so its now not stopping/starting at the same point on its stator etc which is probably worn
Proud Whip owner ;)

JakeGT

Sat Nav unit dead

Post by JakeGT » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Apologises for the late reply but a big thank you for recommending to disconnect the battery, it's not working again :thumbsup: