Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Key problem AGAIN

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
SeanConnor

Key problem AGAIN

Post by SeanConnor » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:04 pm

This seems to be an uncommon problem but appears in several posts over the years.

Ever since I've had it the car has occasionally failed to start. Full set of ignition lights and no crank. No errors readable by Cody. This has started to happen more and more regularly. Perceived wisdom seems to be that it's an ignition switch problem.
So far I have replaced both the ignition switch and the starter. The @@@@ing thing is still doing it. So far it has always started on second or third rotation of they key. Last night the remote lockin stopped working. I suspected key problems and so dug out the spare (which had been sitting in my desk for the bast part of three years). It started the car OK and I drove five hours from Swindon to Liverpool (yes five hours FFS). The key then was able to lock and unlock the car for a couple of hours but has since failed again. The starting problem is there again. Strangely the car can now be unlocked remotely but not locked. This is really starting to boil my p@ss as they say. Sounds very similar to the problem that Thanatu55 had/had

Anybody have an idea ?
2008 Sport Coupe Automatic with lots of extras.

Now with cruise control and Mediabridge :driving: Gold wheels HAVE BEEN SACKED.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Key problem AGAIN

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:11 pm

Sorry I can't help, but if you're going to Liverpool again arrange a detour to see "ducklakeview" in St Helens - he'll fix it for you. I'm sure he sorted Thanatu55's out.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black