Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear PDC not working after replacing sensor

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
adam04

Post by adam04 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:46 pm

I was getting the long beep when i put the car into reverse and the PDC was not working. Following on from a search on here, I located a sensor not working and so purchased a new one from ebay and spent this morning replacing it.

Beep has now stopped when putting the car into reverse, so i would think the fault has gone but i still dont get any beeps to indicate the impending object at the rear of the car. Plugged in carly and it was indicating an "unknown fault" on the PDC so i cleared this, hoping it would just be from the previous faulty sensor but still no luck. The fault has cleared so doesnt seem to be repeating but having no luck getting the PDC to work.

Any ideas what I can try next?
2003 E85 3.0i Auto Titanium Silver / Aerobody Kit / Cruise / Xenons / Cupholders....

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:01 pm

First I'd stick it in reverse with the ignition in the second position and then see if any of the pdc sensors are vibrating/buzzing when you touch them. If none are it would indicate that the entire system is down now rather than just one sensor and without any test equipment other than Carly I'd be tempted to unplug the module and leave it for a short period to reboot. Iirc its under the carpet in the boot on the offside wheel arch. Or easier still, disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reconnect, hopefully a restart of the module is all it needs.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

adam04

Post by adam04 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:46 am

Good idea. They are all clicking/vibrating away so ill give the reset a go tomorrow.
2003 E85 3.0i Auto Titanium Silver / Aerobody Kit / Cruise / Xenons / Cupholders....

no fit state

Post by no fit state » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:11 am

Either buy a cable that comes with the inpa software or find someone who has it. As much as I like Carly, inpa has better diagnostics for the pdc.
Z4MC Imola red