Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2.0i Z4

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Eddy Matthews

2.0i Z4

Post by Eddy Matthews » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:53 am

Hi guys,

My 2.0i 4 cylinder Z4 has always had a slightly (very slightly) erratic idle, and various flat spots when accelerating ever since I got it 5 months ago.

There are no fault codes showing.

So does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? My last car (a 2.0 diesel VW Golf) supposedy had the same 150BHP power output, but it will leave the Z4 standing on acceleration.

Apart from the slightly erratic idle and the flat spots on hard acceleration, the Z4 runs perfectly and has never let me down - So suggestions/solutions anyone? There doesn't seem to be a lot out there on the 4 cylinder engine!

The car is a 2007 model with only 43,000 miles on the clock...

Regards
Eddy

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

2.0i Z4

Post by Smartbear » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:44 am

Eddy Matthews wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:53 amHi guys,

My 2.0i 4 cylinder Z4 has always had a slightly (very slightly) erratic idle, and various flat spots when accelerating ever since I got it 5 months ago.

There are no fault codes showing.

So does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? My last car (a 2.0 diesel VW Golf) supposedy had the same 150BHP power output, but it will leave the Z4 standing on acceleration.

Apart from the slightly erratic idle and the flat spots on hard acceleration, the Z4 runs perfectly and has never let me down - So suggestions/solutions anyone? There doesn't seem to be a lot out there on the 4 cylinder engine!

The car is a 2007 model with only 43,000 miles on the clock...

Regards
Eddy
Hi, your golf may have had the same bhp, but it would have greater torque giving it more "hubba hubba" off the line :driving:
vanos issues can give a lumpy idle (solonoids etc) as can a few other things like valvetronic motors/sensors.
Connecting to a live data scan would point the way :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold