Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Xenon Condensation

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Mr Z

New Xenon Condensation

Post by Mr Z » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:04 pm

My insurance company paid for a new passenger side Xenon headlight following a recent minor bump :oops:

It was fitted by a garage on Friday but its getting minor misting / condensation in it, along the bottom covering almost all of the orange indicator section! I wonder if this is a common problem perhaps caused by the cold wet weather at the mo or maybe a faulty unit?

Thanks

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

New Xenon Condensation

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:08 pm

If it's brand new, did they also fit a new rear cover? If not then that's probably the issue. that or they haven't fitted the new cover properly.

Mike

Mr Z

New Xenon Condensation

Post by Mr Z » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:17 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:08 pmIf it's brand new, did they also fit a new rear cover? If not then that's probably the issue. that or they haven't fitted the new cover properly.

Mike
Hi Mike,
yeah the unit came with a new rear cover so perhaps its not fitted right. I'll have to check via the wheel arch inspection panel ASAP.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

New Xenon Condensation

Post by MACK » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:41 am

As new headlights don't come with all the bulbs, ignitor or ballast etc I suspect they opened up the new unit to swap these bits over to your new unit. Then they have either not put the cover back on properly, or they had the headlight open in a cold damp environment (typical of a garage etc this time of year) and you may actual find the condensation vanishes over the next few weeks with a bit of use.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)