Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

KEY & CAR BATTERY FAILURE

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Mr Z

Post by Mr Z » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:30 pm

I came to my car this evening and it was as dead as a dodo. The oem remote would do nothing and when I unlocked the door manually with the key and tried to start it absolutely nothing so I ended up jump staring it from my van. I left it running for 20 minutes and went for a quick spin. When I got home I tried to lock it with the original remote & nothing happened (I couldnt open the boot either)? I can still start the car with the key but nothing else. I have a spare key that Duck Lake View made for me and all the remote functions work fine and it starts the car. I had a new Xenon headlight fitted by my indy garage of Friday but Im not sure if this is at all related??

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:37 pm

Probably needs the remote in the key re-pairing with the car, strange that the other one is still working though.

Mike

Mr Z

Post by Mr Z » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:39 pm

just tried this and it appears to be working again...

1. Working from within the vehicle and with the doors shut
2. Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds.
3. Remove the key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button for 15 seconds during this time
press the key lock button 3 times within 5 seconds.
4. Release both buttons.
5. Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred.